I know a lot of men are already thinking about what to get the woman in their life for Christmas (or new year, whatever, presents!), and I also know quite a few of them are considering lingerie as a possibility. Good work boys: youâ€™ll not only make her happy, youâ€™ll also be able to enjoy this one yourself! Sounds like the perfect gift, whereâ€™s the catch?
Well, to be honest, there is no catch. You just have to make sure you stick to certain basic rules when it comes to buying lingerie as a present. Weâ€™ll be highlighting these pointers in the next few weeks, and weâ€™ll kick off today with some general hints to get you started.
1. Number one is simple: donâ€™t be too cheap. Women know the price tag of the lingerie you buy, and a $25 set will not do the trickâ€¦ Buy quality! Identifying quality is easy: you either check out the brand name on Google, or get our opinion on the forumsâ€¦ Quality does not come cheap, but quality will make her love your present, thatâ€™s guaranteed!
2. Buy something you like. Thatâ€™s right, think about yourself first. Most women like to wear the lingerie their men canâ€™t keep there eyes off. I can only speak for myself here, but when I buy lingerie, half of the time Iâ€™m thinking: will he like this? That may not sound too much like the feminist in me talking, but hey, sue me!
3. Buy something special. If youâ€™re in doubt between two sets of lingerie, get the one that stands out (in a positive way!). I know this is a difficult one, but youâ€™ll see what I mean when youâ€™re looking at the piecesâ€¦ Compare brands like Marlies Dekkers, Fifi Chachnil, Beau Bra, Charnos, Belaâ€™s Dead, La Perla, Kiki de Montparnasse, Aubade,â€¦ with the lingerie you get at your local budget-shops, and youâ€™ll get the point!
4. If youâ€™re in doubt over certain things, check your womanâ€™s drawer. Youâ€™ll find loads of valuable information like sizes, the colours she likes, â€¦ If you know her favourite bra, get some photoâ€™s and bring them to the shop! Donâ€™t be blinded by what sheâ€™s used to though, remember rule number two!
5. Donâ€™t be scared off by all the details. Women love lingerie, and if you feel your relationship is ready for it, donâ€™t hesitate!
If you want personal advice, weâ€™re always glad to help. Thereâ€™s two ways of contacting us: you can either post something on our forums (we have a special category for the boys!) or send us an e-mail. Weâ€™ll try to answer every e-mail, but the forums will probably give you the best feedbackâ€¦.
Check back in the next days and weeks for more Christmas shopping hints, right here on The Lingerie Post!