What is Couture Latex Design? Atsuko Kudo is a design shop in London.
Atsuko Kudo designs and manufactures a full range of ladies wear exclusively in latex rubber. All of our garments and accessories are available in a wide variety of plain colours and uniquely patterned prints. Our clothing is designed for women who wish to look and feel beautiful, feminine and strong. We provide individual garments and complete ensembles for the bedroom, the salon, the nightclub or for any other preferred location. If you have more specific requirements we also undertake commissions. Please feel free to contact us.
The company offers a wide variety of garments including jackets, skirts, dresses, tops, corsets, lingerie, accessories, and a wide selection of hats fit for the boudoir or the club. It is the attention to smaller items that shows Atsuko’s commitment to the craft and the fabric. One of Atsuko specialities is leggings. Her leggings are a very long palette of colours that has attracted the high end of fashion. For the Hussein Chalayan Paris catwalk show, the models are seen in Atsuko Kudo stockings.
Vivienne Westwood also showed the leggings in her Paris show for SS08.
Atsuko specializes in printed latex and her designs and efforts are broadening the appeal of a fabric that was considered fetish.
Atsuko has a partnership with Lascivious in the UK. So far, the results are gloves and a choker, but more to come, I’m sure.
Atsuko offers these guidelines for the care and handling of their special garments.
- Always use talcum powder or water based lubricant inside all rubber clothing before use
- Keep away from heat and daylight – even indoors. store in a dark wrapping
- Lighter coloured rubber can become discoloured when placed next to strong ones
- Metals can damage rubber i.e, belts, body piercings, coathangers
- Avoid contact with all oils. oils can mark and/ or permanently damage rubber i.e. greasy hands, baby oils
- We recommend the use of a rubber polish (eg pvc dressing. also known as pervoshine) in order to maintain the quality of the rubber
- As with all printed fabrics it is possible that the print on some printed latex garments may wear. this is more common where the garment is rubbing against itself (eg under armpits).