I just attended a great bra-themed event! This past Tuesday, CincyChic held a fundraiser in Cincinnati, Ohio, USA for breast cancer awareness which included a bra fitting “lunch n’ learn,” evening reception, fashion show, vendor booths, and decorated bras which were auctioned off for charity. Here are some photos of the walls of bras (including the delicious A-DD cupcakes given out by a vendor):
In the weeks before this event, CincyChic collected decorated bras from local businesses and individuals. These bras were then displayed on Fountain Square in downtown Cincinnati at various times throughout the day from 7AM to 7PM. Anyone passing through the square was able to vote for their favorite decorated bra, and the 10 favorite bras were auctioned off that evening at the afterparty to benefit Susan G Komen for the Cure.
I wasn’t able to attend the evening reception but I did enjoy the lunch n’ learn where Britt Cruikshank from La Silhouette Lingerie discussed the importance of a well-fitting bra, helped attendees discover their own bra sizes, and answered bra-fitting questions from the audience. Here are some of the great tips she emphasized during the event:
- Before getting any plastic surgery done to your breasts, make sure you’re wearing the correct size bra to begin with. This will make large breasts more comfortable and provide the best shaping for any size. You may discover you don’t need surgery after all.
- If your bra is uncomfortable or doesn’t fit you correctly, there is nothing wrong with you. There is something wrong with your bra – whether it’s the size, shape, or style. There is a bra out there for everyone.
- If you need more support, don’t automatically buy wider straps to cinch up. Most of the support should come from the band, so make sure that is the correct size to properly support you.
- Go through your lingerie drawer at least once a year to get rid of anything old, worn out, or stretched out. This is also a good time to get re-sized.
- Get rid of all the sweats you wear to bed – be sure to wear something pretty and feminine! Even if you live with someone you don’t want to be super sexy in front of, there is modest and feminine loungewear that will make you feel your best.
- “The perfect bra is like the perfect man: sensitive, supportive, and will never let you down.”