StockingsHQ is updating their website and they need a new logo! So they’re turning to you, lingerie lovers and customers, to help them design it. Here’s their current logo:
Think you can do better? StockingsHQ’s recent email newsletter included these contest details:
It’s going to be the biggest change to the site since it began nearly a decade ago, and will be right at the cutting edge of Web 2.0 technology (which means lots of interactivity all your social networking malarkey) and more.
So, a thought occurred… why not open up the design process and have a logo competition. The rules are simple:
1. You can invent/create/design a new logo (and possibly slogan) for Stockings HQ using any font, colour scheme and design elements you like. It can be just a logo or a whole design treatment for the front page of the site. It has to be done on a computer but you can use any software you like.
2. All you have to do is email a JPEG or GIF to me (firstname.lastname@example.org) by the closing date of July 18th.
3. I’ll post the entries to a page on the site and work out some way of letting people vote on them.
4. The person who submits the winner (chosen by a combination of visitor votes and an editorial judging process) will get £100 to spend in the Stockings HQ shop.
5. We can’t guarantee to actually use it on the site (I haven’t seen any of the entries yet, so that would be a bit too much of a gamble!) but if it’s absolutely spot on, and you give us permission, it could well become the new official design for the site.
6. I’m sure I’ve missed something important, as it’s late at night and I’m sleep deprived, so I reserve the right to publish a more comprehensive set of rules on the site in due course.
7. And that’s it! Time to get creative…