In Brazil, the lingerie stores are usually tiny, with only some products displayed in the store, and the rest of them are kept closed in drawers – you have to ask the shopkeeper to show you what you are looking for. Research showed Brazilian women, like those in the rest of the world, want to see every option, want to touch, want to be able to choose for themselves with liberty and discretion.
Therefore, Taye was projected to provide exactly what women are looking for. All products available are displayed in the store, and are organized by colors, according to cromotherapy concept. The store has 3 distinct areas: the Comfort Zone, where the day-by-day products are; the Sophisticated Zone, with night and sexy lingeries, and the Bride’s room, a space dedicated to products specially designed for brides. Also, there are couches, a coffee corner and a huge fitting room. The store is located on the second floor of a historical house, which makes it private and discrete.
TayÃª means precious, adorable and darling. Just everything a woman wants to be. The store offers a complete range of products of the greatest lingerie brands in Brazil, and also sleepwear and loungewear (a concept that is quite new to Brazil).
A quick run through the brands sold at TayÃª (and a quick lesson in Brazilian lingerie, haha):
- Objet du DÃ©sir: beautiful and sofisticated lingerie brand inspired on European lingerie, made on hand one by one with tissue brought from Paris. www.objetdudesir.com.br
- ThaÃs GusmÃ£o: A great fashion designer from Sao Paulo, she brought the concept of lingerie to show off to Brazil and exports to many countries, including some in Europe. www.thaisgusmao.com.br
- Fruit de La Passion: the most sofisticated brand in Brazil, they create new collections every 15 days! www.fruitdelapassion.com.br
- Alessa: Rio fashion designer, who always presents her new collections at Fashion Rio Week. www.alessa.com.br
- FÃ³rum: Famous fashion clothing brand that launched their lingerie line last year. www.forum.com.br
- PliÃ©: Great seamless lingerie, comfortable, fun and with high quality! www.plie.com.br
- Liz known internationally as Lz:, It’s all about confort and quality. This Brazilian brand is always at Salon de Lingerie in Paris, France.
- Corpo e Arte: Fun, day-by-day lingerie. www.corpoearte.com.br
- Nuit Nuit: Loungewear. www.nuitnuit.com.br
- Nuit Bleu: Seamless lingerie with fun drawings, they also export to many countries and have an English version of their website. www.nuitbleu.com.br
[…] and the Brides room, a space dedicated to products specially designed for brides…. source: Tay – A Fresh Lingerie Concept for Brazil, The Lingerie […]