Looking for a job at an interesting Lingerie brand, but don’t have any technical knowledge about fashion or fabrics? Well, there’s always job opportunities in the financial departments of Lingerie brands too… Madame V currently has an opening for a Deputy Financial Manager / Accounting Officer in London, which I’m sure some of you will be interested in…
More information can be found here, or you can read it right here:
The role encompasses several administrative and financial responsibilities in this rapidly growing company. We need a talented and orderly individual who excels in working with little supervision towards strict deadlines and enjoys organizing and coordinating.
The accounting officer reports straight to the CFO, and will work with the assistance an external team of accountants on the UK.
The main high-level responsibilities of this role are the Day-to-day running of the MadameV financial office and in particular:
- Control expenditure and monitor the day to day fulfilment of the budget.
- Monitor and update the day to day expenses, account payable, accounts receivable and cash accounts.
Typical duties include:
- Processing purchase orders, handling invoices, and collections.
- Entering bookkeeping data in books and reconciling banking and other statements.
- Running other administrative projects that may come up from time to time.
- Providing information to UK accountants and eventually auditors.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
Previous experience in Accounting or Finance is highly valuable but not a must, as the financial officer will be trained and assisted by the CFO and the external accountants. An experienced accountant or financial officer looking for a part-time job or a junior clerk could fill the position.
The ideal candidate MUST have:
- Able to communicate and write in English.
- Basic accounting skills.
- Ability to work on a team and under little supervision.
- A track record of success.
- Computer skills including word processing, spreadsheet skills, and excellent Internet research skills.
- Excellent references demonstrating responsibility and excellent organisational skills.
- Superb intellect and speed in â€œgetting itâ€, as the business is very fast-paced.
We would prefer:
- Experience in a small company (i.e. under 20 employees) in a similar role.
- Bachelor’s degree from a top university or equivalent.
- Advanced knowledge of accounting. (ACCA, ACA, CIMA partly or fully qualified appreciated)
- Knowledge and previous experience with SAGE
- Language skills (Russian, Mandarin, Japanese and Portuguese would be highly appreciated)
On the personal side, we are looking for someone who is highly motivated and has excellent sense of humour to blend in well to our international and diverse team.
So what is the hook?..The opportunity to participate in building the new reference in upmarket lingerie and work and grow with a world-class team of experienced entrepreneurs.
Hope you get the job!